Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Fashion Bible: May

April showers bring May flowers! Exactly four days ago, I celebrated the creation of howfittingblog.blogspot.com. This blog is my baby and I couldn't be more happy with how much it's expanded over these last three months. I mean didn't this website start with a disorganized jumble of words called a "Monthly Fashion Bible"? Without getting deep, I just want to say thank you and I hope you enjoy my May edition of the first thing I ever posted.
Tops

With the weather getting warmer, it's finally time for light weight shirts! My favorite are the button up ones that blouse out when tucked into a pair of pants or shorts. I tried going with bright colors along with cute springy patterns to go with it.
Where to find: Thrift and vintage (expensive)





Pants/ Shorts
It is finally time to break out those shorts! This Summer and end of Spring, I have been wanting to buy a proper pair of high rise shorts with the buttons and everything. I finally found an adorable pair of badge high waisted ones and would love to say that they are kind of the best thing ever. I have seen pairs with patterns on them but I'd have to say, I believe they look better solid. I also prefer solid shorts so it gives room for patterned shirts (don't you dare ever wear patterned bottoms with a patterned top). On those cold days, I whip out a pair of jeans and a summery shirt.
Where To Find: Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, Urban Outfitters

Dresses
I'm trying to go brighter this month and therefor I decided it was time to start wearing bright, summery, sundresses! I like the lighter ones for the cottony pieces don't flow as well and are hotter. My new favorite kind of dress is the ones with collars for it gives a retro vintage look.
Where to Find: Thrift and Vintage




Accessories
While thrift shopping, I found this beauty under a pile of giant church hats and I have to say, I am in love. Floppy hats are beachy and casual which I like about them. They can also cover up a bad hair day (which is every other day for me). You could wear it with about anything: bathing suit, sundress, shorts etc.

Shoes
Sperry's can go with a cute pair of shorts and a dress or two but what about when you want to look girly? After scavenging through a couple stores at the mall, I finally discovered these treasures. They have cats on them. I repeat THEY. HAVE. CATS. Flats are nice because you can dress them up and down and always give off a cute and feminine look.




Happy May! I wish for sunny days, cute shorts, and end of testing for all of you!
-Ann







No comments :

Post a Comment