Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Diary: 14 Is An Unimportant Age To Turn

Vivi and I walk from her house to the small town by her old middle school. I laugh at the rumor of her taking drugs that is going around at her school. Its funny for most of the time Viv does act like she's on something. As we finally get into town, we take a quick stop at the supermarket to pick up a box of candles and two large candles that have a one and four. The kind that you see at kid's birthday parties. The Trattoria isn't as crowded as I thought it would be and as we sit down, Vivi sticks a one and four into our two slices of pizza and seven candles in each of our mozzarella balls. I can't help but think of how unimportant it is to turn fourteen. Not much is in store for me this year and yet I can't help but just be happy with everything.

-Ann





Fiona's card




No comments :

Post a Comment