Thursday, March 8, 2018

possibly my angsty-est playlist ever


I'm back with a playlist of songs I've been listening to at the moment. I'm sorry if I'm really horribly inconsistent but it's just because I feel like I can't write anymore. I'm sorry if this is all just Sufjan Stevens. I'm now realizing he's really just what I've had on repeat and I wanted to make it somewhat authentic unlike others where I was just trying to flex how cultured I am. I'm now just going to talk about Sufjan Stevens and some other honorable mentions I guess. If you all weren't aware, this post was just an excuse to talk about Sufjan Stevens. Sufjan Stevens.

-City of Roses + Wallowa Lake Monster, Sufjan Stevens

I hate to be that person but Wallowa Lake Monster literally brought me to tears the other day whilst I laying on my bed staring at the empty ceiling. Both of these off of The Greatest Gift are so unarguably gorgeous it's hard not to give your full attention to them.

-Watch, Billie Eilish 

Just such a good GRL PWR bop. I love how vulnerable yet savage (for lack of a better word) Billie Eilish gets (didn't make it but that hot "sorry...psych" is such a hit). I also may or may not have tried to get my hair to look like hers and accidentally dyed it a dark purple. Oops.


-Fake I.D, Joyce Manor

A couple months back, Ella and I saw Joyce Manor in Williamsburg and it was just such a beautiful night. This song brings back such good memories of moshing, running to the subway, and eating Ethiopian food, all with my best friend. Also in case you were wondering, it's perfect to cry to on the F on a Sunday night.



-Clout 9 + Phaggot, Lil Phag

These are just simply bops. Like undeniably fun. I like to rate songs on how good they are in cars and my final decision is that Lil Phag is probably the best as long as you're not the one driving.

-Waltz #2 (XO), Elliot Smith

This has become part of me and Ella's constant rotation to play in my car on weekend mornings (next to "Crazy Frog" and "DONTTRUSTME"). Our classic line every time before putting it on is "are we ready for this?". Honestly I'm amazed I haven't gotten over the intense emotions of melancholy I receive from this song. Especially that "you're no good" part. God.

-Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want, The Smiths 

If the depressing angstiness of Sufjan/Elliot Smith doesn't work, I always love a good whiny Smiths song.


-Visions of Gideon, Sufjan Stevens

Twenty minutes after seeing Call Me By Your Name, I made plans to see it the next week just due to the beauty I felt I hadn't fully retained from the film. Yet after seeing it for that second time, I realized the only scene I really felt the need to see was the last. Though Timothy' Chalamet's outfit definitely did strike me (I've been searching replicas of that blouse for weeks), it was how raw his performance was mixed with "Visions of Gideon". Honestly couldn't have done the song anymore justice.



-After the Storm, Kali Uchis (ft. Tyler the Creator and Bootsy Collins)

You haven't felt the full extent of this song's beauty until driving through warm weather with the windows down. Also the music video is one of my recent favorite looks.

you can listen to the full playlist here if you want to put yourself through that angst

all the love, 
Annie



2 comments :


  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid, Dercum,fibromyalgia,Get Your Ex Back,Als,SYPHILLIS,Genetic disease, Parkinson's disease.You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete
  2. eka akhawunti ya wena ya Google leswaku u ta kota ku va lawula enkarhini lowu taka. Loko u veka mavonelo lama nga tiviwiki, a wu nge swi koti ku ma hlela kumbe ku ma susa.

    ReplyDelete