Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jingle Ball 2014

      Three days before the show, I was invited by a friend who's dad works for Z100 to go to Jingle Ball 2014- this show has been one of my all time favorites for multiple reasons and I learned some valuable lesson such as:

  1. music is music even though every single artist there was considered "mainstream" and most people (including 7th grade Ann) were commenting on how artists on the radio are stupid and untalented and yeah I'm not going to fight that like all music in the world, some of it is ridiculous but as I've said in about every other concert post, there's something about seeing an artist live that makes you feel different. Seeing a group of singers and bands that were giving their all and having the time of their lives on the stage had me gain a bundle of respect for everyone that played that night. Music is music and music is fun no matter how "mainstream" or pointless it is. These are songs that I've known the lyrics to forever and have been shoved into my brain through parties and long drives with my mom and just completely letting go of everything and flailing around like crazy gave me a new found appreciation for these songs
  2. Charlie XCX is a complete babe. Not only did she look stunning, but I found it on a new level of cool that her band was made up of completely women- everyone looked super bad ass and I loved every minute of her set.
  3. There is no way not to cry when Taylor Swift is in the same place as you. 
  4. Rita Ora is incredible.
  5. Nick Jonas' one song set is a mix between insulting and disappointing. 
  6. Everything is better with a full choir behind you (connecting back to Nick)
  7. 5 Seconds of Summer really know how to kill it.
  8. Z100 and Pharrel still consider "Blurred Lines" an acceptable song.
  9. Everything is better if it has Gwen Steffani involved (connecting back to Pharrel).
  10. Jessie J is a beautiful person.
  11. Don't get so excited by Jessie J that you accidentally throw your phone into the isle in front of you.
  12. People can be complete dicks and spill beer all over your hair and the back of your sweater and not apologize 







No comments :

Post a Comment